1) Comics Sherpa is service of GoComics.com, a site wholly owned and operated by Universal Uclick, an Andrews McMeel Universal company. The purpose of the Comics Sherpa Service is to provide creators with an easy-to-use, no-Web-skill-needed publishing tool to post images, cartoons, comics or animations on the Web. It's not a full service Web hosting service and does not provide FTP access, unrestricted design, e-mail addresses or other services associated with Internet Service Providers.
2) You retain sole and exclusive ownership of the copyright and all other rights in anything submitted to the Comics Sherpa service.
3) There is no requirement to post comics to the service. If you create a Comics Sherpa account and never find time to draw cartoons, we'll miss seeing your work, but you're in no way bound to create comics.
4) Should you receive a legitimate offer by a third party to syndicate or sell your feature in print or online (not license directly from you or otherwise use the feature), you agree to notify Universal Uclick of the offer via e-mail (email@example.com ) and grant us the option to negotiate in good faith a counter proposal. We must must respond within 15 days or you're otherwise free to pursue the offer. Universal UclickÕs core business is finding comics and games to sell to other Web sites, and part of our motivation for providing Comics Sherpa is to find up-and-coming cartoonists.
5) GoComics.com and ComicsSherpa.com are general audience web sites that are suitable for viewing by all. You agree not to submit or post anything which contains obscene or pornographic material, racism, bigotry, hatred or profanity or which defames or invades the privacy of any person or group. We reserve the right to accept or reject content at our sole discretion. We are under no obligation to display your content and may remove all or any portion of it at any time.
6) You grant Universal Uclick, and sites owned and operated by Universal Uclick, or its successors, assigns and licensees a nonexclusive, worldwide royalty-free license to use the content you upload for all promotional purposes, including, without limitation, the right to display, reproduce, and transmit your content on Universal Uclick-owned and operated sites. You agree that you will not be paid compensation in connection with the Service. Universal Uclick may NOT issue sublicenses, sell, lease, transfer or assign any rights in your uploaded content. Such rights may only be granted in a separate Creator Agreement between you and Universal Uclick. You are in no way obligated to enter into a Creator Agreement with Universal Uclick.
7) The content you upload is owned and created solely by you and you have the unrestricted right to license and distribute the content. The uploaded content does not defame any third party. You agree to indemnify Universal Uclick, GoComics.com and its successors, officers, directors, and employees harmless from any and all claims, demands, losses, damages and any attorneysÕ fees and expenses arising out of or in connection with any claim by a third party which results in a bona fide settlement which, if proved true, would constitute a breach of these terms.
8) Either party may terminate the Service at any time upon thirty (30) days prior written notice sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . Universal Uclick will not give partial refunds for any time remaining in the service due to early cancellation.
9) Under no circumstances shall UniversalUclick be liable for any unauthorized use of your content or for interruptions or failure to provide the service. The Comics Sherpa service is provided on an as-is, as available basis, and Universal Uclick makes no warranty that the service will be free from errors, interruptions or loss of data.
10) Universal Uclick may periodically revise these terms by updating this page. Your continued use of this Comics Sherpa Service thirty days after posting of any revisions constitutes your acceptance of these terms.